This workshop helps rising high school juniors and seniors explore their strengths as well as careers in health care. The workshop will be held June 5-16, 2023.
All MedPrep programs are subject to the changing conditions of the COVID-19 response and may be conducted online as needed.
Two-Week Online Component
- Peer Club Project Group
- Participate in VoiceThread
- Conference Sessions
- Skills Lab
- Group Health Care Exploration
- Individual Health Care Exploration
- Group Project
1-Day In-Person Event
- Clifton Strengths Review
- Multidisciplinary Case Study
- Simulation and Interactive Hands-On Activities
- Undergraduate Admission Presentation
- Peer Club Group Poster Presentations
|Medical Explorations Sample Schedule|
February 28 – March 28
Notification of Application Status
Program Fees are due ($75)
June 5 – 10
June 5, 5:00 – 6:00 pm
June 8, 12:00 – 1:30 pm
Week 1 of the online component
Virtual Social Hour 1
Virtual Social Hour with Skills Lab 2
June 11 – 16
June 13, 4:00 – 5:30 pm
Week 2 of the online component
Virtual Social Hour with Skills Lab 3
Medical Explorations Campus Workshops (Each student is assigned to one of the sites)
|June 16, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm||
Springfield Clinical Campus
The total workshop fee is $75. This includes a $25 non-refundable application fee and a $50 workshop fee to cover instructional materials and one meal. Travel and lodging must be paid separately.
Payment instructions are provided with acceptance notifications.
A link for the financial assistance request forms is available after you complete a Medical Explorations application and must be submitted immediately following your application to be considered for assistance. Financial assistance will cover the $50 workshop fee only.
- Feb 28 – Registration Opens
- March 28 – Registration Closes
- April 15 – All selected applicants are notified
- May 15 – Application and Workshop fees are due