Entering First-Year Students
- If you’re accepted into the MU School of Medicine, you will be emailed a School of Medicine scholarship application.
- Complete the School of Medicine scholarship application by April 1, following the instructions provided in the email sent to you by DeAnna Fuller, Senior Student Services Coordinator.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid online by April 1. The University of Missouri federal school code is 002516.
- Log in using your FSA ID, which consists of a user-created username and password. It allows users to electronically access personal information on all Federal Student Aid websites.
- If your taxes aren’t done when you complete the form, you are allowed to estimate the amount and correct it later.
- MU will receive your FAFSA information electronically from the federal processor and issue an electronic award letter by mid-April via myZou. This award letter will tell you the amount of aid for which you are eligible. Review it carefully, and accept, decline or modify the aid offered.
- Watch your to-do list located in the myZou student center. Financial Aid will list items in your to-do list that you need to complete in order for your financial aid to disburse.
Students’ financial situation must be reassessed each year.
In late January, the School of Medicine’s Financial Aid Office will send to you via email:
- The institutional scholarship application.
- A reminder to renew your FAFSA.
Complete these tasks by May 1.