401 Clark Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
Education & Training
PhD, Medical/Cultural Anthropology, University of Missouri – Columbia
- Kapp JM, Jackson-Thompson J, Petroski GF, Schootman M. Reliability of health-related qualityof-life indicators in cancer survivors from a population-based sample, 2005, BRFSS. Public Health 2009; 123: 321–325.
- Perdue, D, Perkins, C, Jackson-Thompson J, Coughlin, S, Ahmed, F, Haverkamp, D, Jim, M. Regional Differences in Colorectal cancer incidence, stage, and subsite among American Indians and Alaska Natives, 1999-2004. Cancer 2008; 113 (5 Supplement); 1179-1190. Published online 20 August 2008 in Wiley InterScience (http://www.interscience.wiley.com)
- Wingo P, King J, Swan J, Coughlin S, Kaur J, Erb-Alvarez J, Jackson-Thompson J, Solomon T. Breast cancer incidence among American Indian and Alaska Native women: US, 1999-2004. Cancer 2008; 113 (5 Supplement); 1191-1202. Published online 20 August 2008 in Wiley InterScience (http://www.interscience.wiley.com)
- Pasupathy K, Gong Y, Vest S, Cole N, Jackson-Thompson J. Quality-oriented Establishment of Characterisitcs for Central Cancer Registry Software Systems. Journal of Registry Management, Summer 2008; 8:2: 81-89.
- Gong Y, Pasupathy K, Vest S, Cole N, Jackson-Thompson J. A human-centered information system for central cancer registries. Oncology Issues 2008; March/April; 30-35.
- Thoburn KK, German RR, Lewis M, Nichols PJ, Ahmed F, Jackson-Thompson J. Case completeness and data accuracy in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention‟s National Jeannette Jackson-Thompson, MSPH, PhD Page 8 of 21 05/18/2010 Program of Cancer Registries. Cancer 2007 (April 15);109(8):1607–1616. Published online 7 March 2007 in Wiley InterScience (http://www.interscience.wiley.com).
- Reed E, Ahmed F, Jackson-Thompson J, Friedman C, German R, Lai S, Wingo P. Foreword: Promoting the use of registry-based national cancer surveillance data for colorectal cancer prevention and control. Cancer 2006 (Sept 1); 107(5 Supplement): 1101-1102. Published online 12 July 2006 in Wiley InterScience (http://www.interscience.wiley.com).
- Jackson-Thompson J, Ahmed F, German R, Lai S, Friedman C. Descriptive epidemiology of colorectal cancer in the United States, 1998-2001. Cancer 2006 (Sept 1); 107(5 Supplement): 1103-1111. Published online 11 July 2006 in Wiley InterScience (http://www.interscience.wiley.com).
- Schootman M, Kinman E, Jeffe D, Jackson-Thompson J. Evaluating the utility and accuracy of a reverse telephone directory to identify the location of survey respondents. Annals of Epidemiology 2005; 55:160-166.
- Andresen EM, Catlin TK, Wyrwich KW, Jackson-Thompson J. Retest reliability of surveillance questions on health related quality of life. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health 2003;57(5): 339–343.
- *Vradenburg J, Simoes EJ, Jackson-Thompson J, Murayi T. The prevalence of arthritis and activity limitation and their predictors in Missouri. The Journal of Community Health 2002; 27: 91-107.
- Brownson RC, Housemann RA, Brown DR, Jackson-Thompson J, King AC, Malone BR, Sallis JF. Promoting physical activity in rural communities: walking trail access, use, and effects. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 2000; 18: 235-241.
- Andresen EM, Prince-Caldwell A, Akinci F, Brownson CA, Hagglund K, Jackson-Thompson J, Crocker R. The Missouri disability and health project. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 1999;16(35): 63–71.
- *Holt BM, Simoes EJ, Chang JC, Jackson-Thompson J. Breast cancer incidence and mortality trends in Missouri. Missouri Medicine 1998; 95(4):165-169.
- *Robling AG, Simoes EJ, Chang JC, Jackson-Thompson J, Brownson RC. Trends in cancer incidence and mortality in Missouri. Missouri Medicine 1998; 95(11): 607-616.
- *Dietz MJ, Simoes EJ, Waterman B, Jackson-Thompson J, Murayi T. Prevalence changes in modifiable cardiovascular disease risk factors in three Missouri regions, 1990-1996. Missouri Medicine 1998; 95(12): 654-662.
- Yang S, Leff MG, McTague D, Horvath KA, Jackson-Thompson J, Murayi T, Boeselager GK, Melnik TA, Gildemaster MC, Ridings David L, Altekruse SF, Angulo FJ. Multistate surveillance for food-handling, preparation and consumption behaviors associated with foodborne diseases: 1995 and 1996 BRFSS food-safety questions. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports 1994; 47(SS-4): 33-57.
- Brownson RC, Mayer JP, Dusseault PM, Dabney S, Wright KS, Jackson-Thompson J, Malone BR, Goodman RM. Developing and evaluating a cardiovascular risk reduction project. American Journal of Health Behavior 1997; 21(5): 333-344.
- Brownson RC, Smith CA, Pratt M, Mack NE, Jackson-Thompson J, Dean CG, Dabney S, Wilkerson JC. Preventing cardiovascular disease through community-based risk reduction: the Bootheel Heart Health Project. American Journal of Public Health 1996; 86: 206-213.
- Brownson RC, Jackson-Thompson J, Wilkerson JC, Kiani F. Reliability of information on chronic disease risk factors collected in the Missouri Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System. Epidemiology 1994; 5: 545-549.
- Flood TJ, Contreras J, Jackson-Thompson J et al. Prevalence of Arthritis – Arizona, Missouri, and Ohio, 1991 – 1992. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports 1994; 43(17): 305-309.
- Brownson RC, Wilkerson JC, Jackson-Thompson J, Davis JR, Sharp DJ, Northup KM. Trends and projections in selected chronic disease risk factors in Missouri, 1986-2000. Missouri Medicine 1993; 90:17-20.
- Sharp DJ, Brownson RC, Sosin DM, Davis JR, Wilkerson JC, Jackson-Thompson J, Davis JR, Smith CA. Patterns of obesity in Missouri. Missouri Medicine 1993; 90(3):119-122.
- Sharp DJ, Brownson RC, Wilkerson JC, Jackson-Thompson J, Cooperstock L. Exposure to environmental tobacco smoke among Missouri children. Missouri Medicine 1993; 90: 701-704.
- Weaver AY, Brownson RC, Wilkerson JC, Akinbola PO, Jackson-Thompson J. Racial differences in the prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors among persons with diabetes. Missouri Medicine 1993; 90: 751-754.
- Brownson RC, Jackson-Thompson J, Wilkerson JC, Fisher EB Jr., Davis JR. Demographic and socioeconomic differences in beliefs about the health effects of smoking. American Journal of Public Health 1992; 82:99-103.
- Arfken CL, Fisher EB Jr., Heins J, Brownson RC, Smith C, Wilkerson JC, Jackson-Thompson J. Increased cholesterol awareness in Missouri: Urban and rural areas, 1988-1991. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 1992; 89: 42-45.
- Fisher EB Jr., Auslander W, Sussman L, Owens N, Jackson-Thompson J. Community organization and health promotion in minority neighborhoods. Ethnicity and Disease 1992; 2: 252-272.
- Brownson RC, Chang JC, Davis JR, Wilkerson JC, Jackson-Thompson J. Breast cancer in Missouri: Staging, survival and mammography screening patterns. Missouri Medicine 1990; 87: 753-756.
- Favazza AR, Jackson-Thompson J. Social networks of alcoholics: some early findings. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research 1984; 8(1):9-15